Monday, February 23, 2009

Straits Times Reflection 4 (Term 1 Week 8)


Getting to the heart of Total Defence
(Home- You think pg B7)


Q1) In the last line, what did the writer mean by suggesting that "he may have found more porcupines than rats?"

The writer meant that Senior Minister, Goh Chok Tong,suggested that he may have found more brave and courageous people like a hero than having the coward people who do not want to contribute to society as they are shy, embarrassed or not brave enough to do that.

Q2) What's worth giving up your life for?

Sacrificing my life is the only way that i can protect or defends my loves ones which includes my family.It is worthy for me to do that if my family have unsolved problem.Although my death cannot solve any problem which my family is facing, i still feel happy to see my family all united together and see them stay alive in this world.There is also an importance why i sacrifice my life.It is that i can contribute to society or help needy people such as using my organs to cure or help them ,donate my blood to people who needs it for curing the illness or cancer and can also use the bones or any parts of my body for transplantation.

No comments:

Post a Comment